Just finished this gorgeous autumn sign on reclaimed wood! Here's how it happened:
- Put the words together in Photoshop until I got the look I wanted.
- Printed and assembled the document in pieces.
- Colored on the back with charcoal.
- Traced over the words to "transfer" to the wood.
- Retraced them in pencil so they wouldn't just smudge away when I touched them.
- Filled in with paint in black, red, and orange (tried white, just didn't like it).
- Planning to seal this with Mod Podge and possibly add hinges and a knob to make it into a "door."
- Also planning to eat LOTS of chocolate because I starved myself in the MANY long hours it took to do all this. :) Although I DID watch two whole seasons of Fringe on Netflix... or listened to them anyway.
- BONUS! When you flip this around, it makes the perfect background for a Christmas wreath! So, it can go up in September and stay up until January! :)
|Autumn Sign by What's On My Porch|
Bonus! Flip it over and hang a Christmas wreath for more mileage!
|This is the "getting ready to trace" stage. Ah. Good times.|